Array Plastics has over the years attained a very high level of expertise in a range of technologies connected with plastics. These technologies combine to make Array Plastics a strategic partner for its customers.
Vacuum metallisation (PVD)
Array Plastics has proven capability and experience in vacuum metallisation (PVD) using aluminium on plastic parts for the automotive sector.
Vacuum metallisation using physical vapour deposition (PVD) of aluminium can be combined with a protective silicone-based varnish coating.
Our experience both in the field of injection-moulded parts to be subsequently metallised, and in the vacuum metallisation of plastic parts, makes us the ideal partner for metallised parts.
Conventional, bi-injection and gas injection moulding
Our core business has always been thermoplastic injection-moulding.
The key characteristics of our injection-moulding capability are:
- Range of 29 injection-moulding machines from 50 t to 660 t, from the leading manufacturers and constantly replaced.
- Gas injection moulding. We have the experience and technology for gas injection moulding (N2).
- All our injection machines are equipped with SEPRO robots and ABB anthropomorphic robots.
Dehumidification and distribution of plastic materials is performed from a centralised drying unit, with vacuum transportation to each of the machines.
Injection of transparent parts with optical quality
One of the specialities of Array Plastics is the injection of transparent parts with optical quality or light control. This speciality covers every phase of the process, with a particular emphasis on setting up the project:
- Optical and mechanical design of the lenses
- Optical simulation
- Prototypes with optical quality
- Design and construction of the mould taking into account such requirements as surface finish, injection dimensions, expulsion system, cooling of optical parts ….
- Injection in specific machines with special treatments.
- Optical verification (individually if necessary) using the required resources.
Welding by vibration, ultrasound ….
Taking advantage of the low fusion temperature of thermoplastic materials, fusion welding of plastic parts is a very common industrial practice. At Array Plastics we have years of experience in ultrasonic and vibration welding.
We have 12 ultrasonic welding machines and 2 vibration welders.
We have in place both isolated welding machines for individual processes, and complete automated welding cells.
The welding cells have all quality assurance mechanisms in place: component presence sensors, automatic position and height control, NOK part separation channel, part number control for packaging…
Overmoulding of metal inserts, paper, filters …
Array Plastics has the technology for overmoulding of plastic parts covering various aspects:
- Overmoulding of inserts: our control of the design of the mould and automation mechanisms allows us to perform automatic insertion of metal inserts (whether ferromagnetic or duraluminium) within the mould, with precision and control.
- Overmoulding of filter papers: overmoulding of filter papers to manufacture air filters is a specific process in which Array Plastics has years of expertise.
- Overmoulding of filter fabric: for air filtering in air conditioning, Array Plastics overmoulds fabric and non-woven fabric.
Finishes: From printing and chrome finishing to soft painting
The finish forms part of an integral thermoplastic parts unit project. Which is why Array Plastics offers 25 years of experience in printing (1 or more inks), chrome finishing (gloss, matte, colour…) and painting (solvent-based, water-based, soft touch…) of parts both for the automotive sector and industrial uses.
Dynamic fan balancing
Array Plastics has a dynamic turbine balancing machine, which means that turbines are delivered to the end customer already balanced.
This addresses such sectors as air conditioning, industrial ventilation…
- “Process automation is vital for competitiveness. Process automation for medium and long runs not only reduces production costs but also allows highly effective quality assurance tools to be implemented. Array Plastics has the know-how, technology and experience for the automation of both assembly and welding processes.”